National Opioid Crisis Expert, Dynamic Speaker And Author, Dr. John Rosa Writes About The Ever-Growing Deadly Effects Of Social Isolation.
Dr. John P. Rosa, national opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker, discusses the unavoidable health risks associated with social isolation and how the mandates meant to protect are now becoming as much of a threat as the COVID-19 virus.
ROCKVILLE, MD. December 30, 2020: Owner of Accessible Beltway Clinics and opioid crises expert, Dr. John Rosa, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “The Deadly Effects Of Social Isolation.” Dr. Rosa acknowledges that more and more people are succumbing to the effects of social isolation due to COVID-19.
Dr. Rosa states, “The COVID-19 pandemic is bringing to the foreground the serious effects of extended social isolation.” He continues, “According to a recent New York Times article, “The psychological effects of loneliness are a health risk comparable with obesity or smoking.” The health implications,” says Dr. Rosa, “are as serious as a heart attack. In fact, extended social isolation has been noted to cause heart disease, dementia, depression and even death. The isolation was meant to help us avoid death due to COVID-19, but it is increasing our vulnerability to the very disease that isolation is meant to help address.”
According to Dr. Rosa, “Statistics show that anxiety and depression have spiked during the pandemic. And apparently there has been an 18% spike in overdose deaths with more than 40 states reporting increases.”
Dr. Rosa points out that, “Not everyone handles social isolation the same way. According to an article in Sciencemag.org, a behavioral scientist at the University of Arizona, Chris Segrin says, “It’s important to remember that not everyone is going into this with the same level of mental health. Someone who is already having problems with social anxiety, depression, loneliness, substance abuse or other health problems is going to be particularly vulnerable.”
Read the entire blog at https://drjohnrosa.com/the-deadly-effects-of-social-isolation/
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Best selling author
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit 501c which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction