National Opioid Crisis Expert, Dynamic Speaker And Author, Dr. John Rosa Reveals That Myofascial Pain Syndrome Is Often Misdiagnosed Leaving Those Who Have It Suffering Due To Incorrect Treatment.
Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author, and dynamic speaker, reveals that many people suffering from Myofascial Pain Syndrome are incorrectly diagnosed and subsequently treated incorrectly. He also reveals there are many natural, safe ways to correctly diagnose and treat this syndrome.
ROCKVILLE, MD. May 26, 2022: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new blog on his website entitled “You Could Be Unknowingly Suffering From Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS).” Dr. Rosa provides valuable information for anyone who may be unaware that they are suffering from MPS because of misdiagnosis.
Dr. Rosa states, “Myofascial Pain Syndrome is a common yet often misdiagnosed cause of chronic pain.” He continues, “The misdiagnosis is often due to a lack of specific laboratory indicators and imaging evidence. For this reason,” he notes, “MPS is often confused with other conditions including fibromyalgia and pain from degenerative changes in the intervertebral discs.”
According to Dr. Rosa, “MPS typically occurs in muscles that are repetitively contracted. The repetitive motion causes sensitive pain – or trigger – points that radiate pain upon compression in the impacted muscle as well as in other parts of the body.”
“If you have MPS and have not been correctly diagnosed, and are subsequently not being treated correctly,” Dr. Rosa states, “your condition will not improve. Pain pills will only relieve symptoms temporarily and surgery is not an option.” Dr. Rosa emphasizes, “There are many natural, safe, and effective treatments that can provide relief from MPS.”
Read the entire blog at: link here
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises ABC Management, which is comprised of 21 integrative health clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating college, professional and Olympic athletes. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
- Northeast College of Health Sciences – DC 1992
- Rutgers University – BS 1989
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Board Chair to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Trustee of Northeast College of Health Sciences for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service.
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions up to 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
- Executive Medical Director – Nu-Life Solutions – maker of a neuromodulation devise to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and withdrawals form opioid addiction
- Medical Advisor – Outreach Recovery – a group of expert clinicians and health care professionals who specialize in substance abuse and drug addiction treatment, mental health counseling, and psychiatric management. Largest addiction treatment group in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Chief Science Officer – Get A-Head – a SaaS platform company that provides a telehealth application in training and delivery of mental health care while incorporating cutting-edge AI technologies
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate/Consultant
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA, FDA, FBI and U.S. Postal)
- State, National, and International Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently working on PSA music and cinema projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films)
Current Research and Publications:
- New-Life Solutions – Research medical director for “The H.O.P.E. Initiative for Addiction”
- Italian Chiropractic Association – Member of the Scientific Research Committee
- Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics
- “Changes in Opioid Therapy Use by an Interprofessional Primary Care Team: A Descriptive Study of Opioid Prescription Data” by John Rosa, DC and Jeanmarie R. Burke, PhD
- Published: April 17, 2021
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Lectures to community, corporations, universities and medical community on the opioid and mental health crises have reached over 100,000 people.
- Production of “BACKBONE” The story of proactive healthcare vs. reactive disease care that was focused on our active and retired military. A documentary by Wellbeing Films
- Co-Producer of “It’s Happening Right Here” The story of how sex trafficking has infiltrated our country with almost no public awareness
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member – #Same Here Global Mental Health Movement – 501c3 dedicated to delivering resources and programing on better ways to treat mental health other than medication