Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker addresses the isolation that opioid users in general face, and the torturous effects that enforced isolation, caused by COVID-19, has created for this segment of the population and how that has led to an explosive situation.
ROCKVILLE, MD. July 30, 2020: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new article on his website entitled, “The Explosive Combination Of Opioids, Isolation And COVID-19,” in which Dr. Rosa acknowledges the challenges presented are greater than ever.
As Dr. Rosa points out, “Isolation has historically been used as a form of torture around the world.” He continues adding, “We humans need interaction with other humans. We need the warmth of connections, family, friends, colleagues. So when I think about people who have become addicted to opioids that sooner or later isolate themselves from either a life they want or a life they remember, it is another form of torture that is as devastating as the drug itself.”
According to Dr. Rosa, “If someone became addicted because a doctor prescribed opioids instead of treatment or if someone tried it at a party to get high and fell into the trap of using, the dependency usually serves the same mechanism of escape.” He elaborates, “People with a difficult life like the feeling of not caring about that difficult life. People with a great life who get caught up in using become isolated as they continue to cause friction and distance from the ones they love which in turn demands more use.”
“Psychology tells us,” says Dr. Rosa, “that people begin abusing drugs often as a result of being bored and having too much time on their hands. Furthermore, it is known that as abuse progresses into addiction, boredom becomes even more of a factor because the drug actually rewires the brain to receive more gratification from the opioid than from normal activities.”
As Dr. Rosa emphasizes, “COVID has made those susceptible to use opioids much more likely to do so.” He adds, “I look at the opioid crisis as a pile of burning wood that has been sending smoke signals to our country demanding help.
The wood is the susceptible population.
The drying of the wood is the long standing cover up and greed of pharmaceutical companies. The gun powder on the wood pile is the overprescribing by doctors.
The gasoline poured over the pile is heroin and fentanyl
– and here comes COVID-19 walking by and takes that last drag on a cigarette before flicking it towards the pile.”
Read the entire article at https://drjohnrosa.com/the-explosive-combination-of-opioids-isolation-and-covid-19/
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Best selling author
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit 501c which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction