National Opioid Crisis Expert, Dynamic Speaker And Author, Dr. John Rosa
Paints A Future Scenario In Which Chiropractic Care Is The Mandatory Treatment For Back Pain.
Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author, and dynamic speaker, returns to the results of a study by the Workers’ Compensation Research Institute showing chiropractic care, when taken as an exclusive step in back pain control and management is cost-effective and returns workers to their job more quickly.
ROCKVILLE, MD. July 29, 2022: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new blog on his website entitled “From What If To What Is.” in which Dr. Rosa shares information that he considers worth repeating frequently.
Dr. Rosa poses, “What if we lived in a world where all back pain was treated by qualified chiropractors?” He continues, “What if anyone with back pain automatically gets referred to a chiropractor for care? What if insurance companies favored chiropractic care over opioid prescriptions and surgery?” He states, “Of course, this sounds like a dream scenario to me. As a chiropractor and an advocate for the most effective way to bring suffering to an end for the millions of people who suffer from back pain, in the most cost-effective way, it only makes sense that this scenario should be a no-brainer.”
According to Dr. Rosa, “If chiropractic care was the go-to treatment for back pain, those who suffer would suffer far less, they would save money and so would the insurance companies. In fact,” he adds, “the pain level for everyone involved would go way down.” He then anticipates reactions and asks, “How can I say such a thing, you may ask?” He answers, “Research has shown that when back pain treatment is provided “solely by chiropractors” insurance claimants returned to work more quickly. Here is the exact statement:
“A study by the Workers’ Compensation Research Institute found that medical care costs less and claimants return to work more quickly when low back pain treatment is provided solely by chiropractors. Costs were also lower when chiropractors provided physical medicine services, but other types of clinicians handled evaluation and management. However, the difference was not as dramatic.” https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2022/05/20/668528.htm#
Dr. Rosa states, “I consider this research and findings so important that I want to make it available to as many people as possible as frequently as I can.”
Read the entire blog at: link here
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises ABC Management, which is comprised of 21 integrative health clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating college, professional and Olympic athletes. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
- Northeast College of Health Sciences – DC 1992
- Rutgers University – BS 1989
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Board Chair to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Trustee of Northeast College of Health Sciences for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service.
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions up to 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
- Executive Medical Director – Nu-Life Solutions – maker of a neuromodulation devise to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and withdrawals form opioid addiction
- Medical Advisor – Outreach Recovery – a group of expert clinicians and health care professionals who specialize in substance abuse and drug addiction treatment, mental health counseling, and psychiatric management. Largest addiction treatment group in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Chief Science Officer – Get A-Head – a SaaS platform company that provides a telehealth application in training and delivery of mental health care while incorporating cutting-edge AI technologies
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate/Consultant
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA, FDA, FBI and U.S. Postal)
- State, National, and International Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently working on PSA music and cinema projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films)
Current Research and Publications:
- New-Life Solutions – Research medical director for “The H.O.P.E. Initiative for Addiction”
- Italian Chiropractic Association – Member of the Scientific Research Committee
- Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics
- “Changes in Opioid Therapy Use by an Interprofessional Primary Care Team: A Descriptive Study of Opioid Prescription Data” by John Rosa, DC and Jeanmarie R. Burke, PhD
- Published: April 17, 2021
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Lectures to community, corporations, universities and medical community on the opioid and mental health crises have reached over 100,000 people.
- Production of “BACKBONE” The story of proactive healthcare vs. reactive disease care that was focused on our active and retired military. A documentary by Wellbeing Films
- Co-Producer of “It’s Happening Right Here” The story of how sex trafficking has infiltrated our country with almost no public awareness
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member – #Same Here Global Mental Health Movement – 501c3 dedicated to delivering resources and programing on better ways to treat mental health other then medication