National Opioid Crisis Expert, Dynamic Speaker And Author, Dr. John Rosa
Provides An Article To Help Educate Parents How Drugs Are Accessed Through Social Media.
Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker turns his attention to helping parents get smart about how social media is used to communicate about and sell drugs to the young and vulnerable.
ROCKVILLE, MD. March 11, 2022: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new blog on his website entitled “Parents Must Get Social-Media Smart To Help Teens Avoid Drugs.” Dr. Rosa posts an article he considers important for parents informing about the role social media plays in drug communications and sales.
“Let’s face it,” Dr. Rosa states, “as parents we are never going to outsmart teenagers when it comes to social media.” He continues, “They’ve come into the world pre-programmed to navigate the digital world. However, when it comes to teens and drug use, it’s important for parents to know that social media often plays a huge role in introducing kids to drugs.”
According to Dr. Rosa, “I came across an article recently that I think every parent should read in order to understand how social media promotes drug use and how to protect the children from getting ensnared.” He adds, “I am reposting most of the article, but there is a section I suggest you go to the site to see. It includes popular emojis used when communicating about specific drugs and those who deal them.”
Dr. Rosa emphasizes, “We must do everything we can to help our kids avoid drug use and addiction. We can only do that if we know how they are communicating on social media.”
Dr. Rosa encourages parents to “Check out a few popular emojis people use when communicating about drugs via text at the very end of the article by clicking here: https://www.getsmartaboutdrugs.gov/family/drug-use-internet-social-media”
Read the entire blog at: link here
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises ABC Management, which is comprised of 21 integrative health clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
- Executive Medical Director – Nu-Life Solutions – maker of a neuromodulation device to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and withdrawals from opioid addiction
- Medical Advisor – Outreach Recovery – a group of expert clinicians and health care professionals who specialize in substance abuse and drug addiction treatment, mental health counseling, and psychiatric management. Largest addiction treatment group in the Mid-Atlantic region
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently co-producing PSA music and cinema projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films)
- Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Co-Producer of “BACKBONE” The story of proactive healthcare vs. reactive disease care that was focused on our active and retired military. A documentary by Wellbeing Films
- Co-Producer of “It’s Happening Right Here” The story of how sex trafficking has infiltrated our country with almost no public awareness
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member – #Same Here Global Mental Health Movement – 501c3 dedicated to delivering resources and programing on better ways to treat mental health other than medication