Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker turns his attention to the role the brain plays in physical, mental and emotional health and wellbeing.
ROCKVILLE, MD. December 07, 2021: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new article on his website entitled “Taking Care Of Your Body Requires Taking Care Of Your Brain,” in which he explores the field of metacognition.
“How often do you actually think about the brain inside your skull on a day-to-day basis?” Dr. Rosa asks, and gives his own answer, saying, “I would wager not often if at all, unless or until something goes wrong.” He continues, “It’s truly amazing how we humans tend to totally forget about how astonishing the brain inside our skulls is. The brain is the most extraordinary organ in creation. We still know so little about it, but we are making progress, thanks in large part to the study of metacognition.”
“As we move into a new phase of actually thinking about thinking,” Dr. Rosa writes, “and thinking and wondering about the brain and the mind, wondering if they are the same and, if not, how are they related, we are beginning to discover more and more about this fascinating part of our human anatomy and consciousness.”
As Dr. Rosa explains, “My work with drug-free and surgery-free pain relief and addictive behavior points directly to the role the brain plays in both pain and addiction. The increasing popularity of alternative pain-relief methods including chiropractic, meditation, yoga and more, are helping us understand the nature of compulsive behaviors, attention issues as well as emotional problems.” He continues adding, “Scientists have shown that one of the side effects of our modern technology is that “apps, games, social media and online content can hijack the learning pathways of the human brain.” He shares information from an article which state sthat, “The pandemic has poured gasoline on this crisis. It has forced many people into social isolation and contributed to an even greater reliance on devices for social interaction and entertainment.” https://neurosciencenews.com/metacognition-mental-health-19649/
According to Dr. Rosa, “Just as one aspect of human health depends on mastering our physical systems, it is my belief that achieving even greater health depends on understanding and controlling our own psychological states. There are so many evidence-based actions we can take to design a personalized toolkit of mental habits and strategies. Doing so will allow us to be more deliberate with our thoughts.
”Read the entire article at LINK HERE
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises ABC Management, which is comprised of 21 integrative health clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
- Executive Medical Director – Nu-Life Solutions – maker of a neuromodulation device to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and withdrawals from opioid addiction
- Medical Advisor – Outreach Recovery – a group of expert clinicians and health care professionals who specialize in substance abuse and drug addiction treatment, mental health counseling, and psychiatric management. Largest addiction treatment group in the Mid-Atlantic region
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently co-producing PSA music and cinema projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films)
- Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Co-Producer of “BACKBONE” The story of proactive healthcare vs. reactive disease care that was focused on our active and retired military. A documentary by Wellbeing Films
- Co-Producer of “It’s Happening Right Here” The story of how sex trafficking has infiltrated our country with almost no public awareness
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member – #Same Here Global Mental Health Movement – 501c3 dedicated to delivering resources and programing on better ways to treat mental health other than medication