Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker writes about findings that indicate Vitamin D deficiency may be a major factor in opioid addiction and that fear of the sun, which makes Vitamin D in the human body, is the cause of numerous other health concerns too.
ROCKVILLE, MD. July 28, 2021: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new article on his website entitled, “From Drug Addicts To Sun Worshipers…It Could Happen,” in which Dr. Rosa encourages careful sun exposure for opioid users and abusers.
Dr. Rosa states, “Without the sun, there would be no life on planet earth. Without the sun, our bones would not be strong.” He continues, “The sun is what makes Vitamin D in our bodies. It was making Vitamin D before any company was making vitamin D supplements, so don’t start pushing back yet. And now,” he adds, “the sun may be responsible for helping people curb and potentially stop craving opioids. Recent studies are pointing to this as a very strong possibility.”
Dr. Rosa suggests, “Consider the following statements: “Vitamin D deficiency (italics mine) strongly exaggerates the craving for and effects of opioids, potentially increasing the risk for dependence and addiction, according to a new study led by researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH). These findings, published in Science Advances, suggest that addressing the common problem of vitamin D deficiency with inexpensive supplements could play a part in combating the ongoing scourge of opioid addiction.” https://neurosciencenews.com/vitamin-d-deficiency-opioid-sun-seeking-addiction-18612/
According to Dr. Rosa, “We Americans are extremists. If we find out a little bit of something is good for us, we tend to think more will be even better. But that is not the case.” He continues, “In fact, one of the worst examples of this kind of thinking is present in the prescribing of opioids. Some doctors actually believe that the more opioids they give their patients the better off they will be. (If you want to see what I mean, tune into the Netflix documentary The Crime of The Century.) So, please do not think that because I’m suggesting a little bit of sun that an extreme amount is going to be better. And,” he states, “for those who are gasping at the idea because of skin cancer, let me assure you, there is a tremendous amount of evidence that is suggesting our fear of the sun is causing even greater health concerns.”
“In fact,” writes Dr. Rosa, “the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has this to say on the subject. “While it is accepted that solar UVR exposure is the main cause of skin cancer, evidence is accumulating on the health benefits of sun exposure, as well as widespread vitamin D deficiency, and has revealed a possibly significant public health problem resulting from insufficient sun exposure. This suggests that current public health advice on sun exposure ought to be reconsidered to communicate a better balance of the benefits and harms of sunlight, particularly at higher latitudes where ambient levels of UVR are comparatively low even in summer.” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7400257/
According to Dr. Rosa, “Chances are, if you do not spend much time outdoors with skin exposed to the sun and you are not supplementing, your vitamin D levels are most likely insufficient.”
Read the entire article at LINK HERE
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises ABC Management, which is comprised of 21 integrative health clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the
International Chiropractic Colleges.
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
- Executive Medical Director – Nu-Life Solutions – maker of a neuromodulation device to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and withdrawals from opioid addiction
- Medical Advisor – Outreach Recovery – a group of expert clinicians and health care professionals who specialize in substance abuse and drug addiction treatment, mental health counseling, and psychiatric management. Largest addiction treatment group in the Mid-Atlantic region
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently co-producing PSA music and cinema projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films)
- Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Co-Producer of “BACKBONE” The story of proactive healthcare vs. reactive disease care that was focused on our active and retired military. A documentary by Wellbeing Films
- Co-Producer of “It’s Happening Right Here” The story of how sex trafficking has infiltrated our country with almost no public awareness
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member – #Same Here Global Mental Health Movement – 501c3 dedicated to delivering resources and programing on better ways to treat mental health other than medication